leave anytime you want.
our website has our prices.
CAHPS® Hospice Monthly Pricing
Fields Healthcare Research is an Approved CAHPS® Hospice Survey Vendor. Our process and price are simple and straightforward. We are a family-owned and operated business. We are one of the longest standing data collection firms in the United States with over 45 years of conducting surveys.
We will ensure your agency meets the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements for patient experience surveying, thereby avoiding a penalty on your CMS Reimbursements.
We currently help over 500 agencies comply with CAHPS® Survey requirements and have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) - let us help you!
and CMS Requirements
The CAHPS® Hospice Survey is currently a "pay-for-reporting" program, which means that the submission of required data by specified deadlines determines compliance. Data submission requirements include the following:
- Hospices must contract with a CMS-approved survey vendor, which will collect and submit the data on the hospice's behalf.
- As of April 2015, hospices are required to participate on a continuous monthly basis.
- For 2019, hospices are required to submit 12 months of data to the CAHPS® Hospice Survey Data Warehouse.
- Hospices that fail to meet the CAHPS® Hospice Survey requirements as specified in rulemaking will receive a two percentage point reduction in their APU.
- The participation requirements for CY 2019 will affect the FY 2021 APU. Participation requirements for subsequent years will impact subsequent APUs.
More information about CAHPS® Hospice requirements may be found in the final rule for the Fiscal Year 2019 Hospice Wage Index and Payment Rate Update and Hospice Quality Reporting Requirements.
The CAHPS® Hospice Experience of Care Survey assesses the experience of patients who received hospice care and as the experiences of their informal primary caregivers. Because the CAHPS® Hospice Survey focuses on care experiences, implementation of the survey supports the following national priorities for improving care: involving patients and families in care and promoting effective communication and coordination.
The standardized CAHPS® Hospice Survey instrument is composed of the following measures:
- Hospice Team Communication
- Getting Timely Care
- Treating Family Member with Respect
- Providing Emotional Support
- Support for Religious and Spiritual Beliefs
- Getting Help for Symptoms
- Information Continuity
- Understanding the Side Effects of Pain Medication
- Getting Hospice Care Training
There are two exemptions from participation in the Hospice CAHPS® Survey:
- If the hospice served fewer than 50 deceased patients in the calendar year (CY) preceding the exemption request
- Hospices must reapply for exemption every year
- Hospices must submit a Participation Exemption for Size Form here to apply for exemption
- If the hospice received its Medicare Provider Number/ CCN on or after the first day of the performance year for the CAHPS® Hospice Survey
- One-time exemption
- CMS will notify Hospices if they are exempt
Hospices that served fewer than 50 survey-eligible decedents/caregivers in a calendar year can apply for an exemption from participation in the CAHPS Hospice Survey for the following calendar year. The Participation Exemption for Size Form is available to complete on the CAHPS® Hospice Survey Web site.
Please note, exemptions based on size are active for one year only. If a hospice continues to meet the eligibility requirements for this exemption in subsequent years, the organization will need to again request the exemption.
For more information about CAHPS® Hospice and Fields Healthcare Research, please call Ken Fields at 800-748-0830, or email Ken@FieldsResearch.com.
CAHPS® Hospice, Official Site: hospicecahpssurvey.org
For direct Email communications with CMS regarding the CAHPS® Hospice survey: email@example.com